Film cycle - Argentina and the 21st Century World
26/10/2016 al 7/12/2016
Between October and December of 2016, the Foro del Sur Foundation, with the purpose of thinking about Argentina in the XXI century, characterizing the “times we live in”, locating the places of enunciation of the political scenarios and the objectivity that determines the conditions, scope and limits of the discourses, gave continuity to the cycle of workshops begun in 2012. These meetings, coordinated by professor Luis Blaum, became a space for reflection that exhibited concepts of political philosophy through an audiovisual "staging". For this purpose, four meetings were arranged in which a brief introduction was first made on the subject of discussion, the historical context and relevant theoretical concepts.
LUIS BLAUM - Bachelor of Economics (UBA) and Master in Epistemology, Methodology and History of Science (UNTREF), he is Director of the Center for Research and Teaching in Economics for Development (UNTREF) and postgraduate professor at the Faculty of Economic Sciences (UBA). In addition to the development problem in our country, his research topics deal with Philosophy of Economic Science and State theory. Author of numerous publications and editor of two books, he participated as an exhibitor in several conferences and seminars. Since 2012, he organizes and conducts audiovisual workshops that exhibit and debate contemporary socio-political issues at the Foro del Sur Foundation and UNTREF.
MARCELO MUÑIZ - Political scientist (UBA), professor at the National University of Moreno and Salvador University, he works on topics of modern and contemporary political theory, state theory and international relations. He has participated in the dictation of courses on cinema and politics at the Foro del Sur Foundation, UNTREF and at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the UBA.
MARTÍN NOVELLA - Economist (UBA), Master by FLACSO and researcher at UNTREF. He works on economic issues (industrial policy and defense of competition), as well as political philosophy. Since 2012, he participates in the team that develops audiovisual workshops that link cinema and political philosophy at the Foro del Sur Foundation and UNTREF.
- What world do we live in? The history of freedom or the development of productive forces? Capitalism and modernity: subjects and agents; merchandise, desires and illusions. From the fall of the Berlin Wall to the market crisis. End of the Welfare State? What is the otherness?
- Videos / Scenes from Movies - S. Zizek: Don't act. Just think (6:33 ') / To think correctly is to question correctly (3:20') / Paris and the refugees (7:22 ') / The nature of commodities (4:44') - The Lone Gunmen [2001 - C. Sump]; - "The last laugh" [2008 - J.Bird and J.Fortune]; - "Duck soup" [1933 - Marx Brothers]; - Speech of ‘Mingo’ in English (House of the Americas) - Speeches by Lenin and Roosevelt and others.
- The 20th century, the media and globalization - On public opinion, the market and ideology. Anticipations Þ There is only one system! And the left ...?
Film: “Network”  by Sidney Lumet
- The political scenario reality has a fictional structure. The two bodies of the King or personalism: the modern subject and the contingency of identities. Democracy and the empty place of the sovereign [the modern subject and antisustancialism].
- Scenes from "Blade Runner" [1982 - R. Scout] - "Modern Times" [1936 - C. Chaplin]; - "City Lights" [1931 - Chaplin]; International Intrigue [1959 - Hitchcock] - "The Last Temptation of Christ" [1982 - M.Scorsese]; Kagemusha [1980 - A. Kurosawa] -
- Subjectivity and different perspectives. Memory, the past and its resignification. The redemption of the past in the present.
Movie: "Rashomon" [1950 - A. Kurosawa]
Inscribite a nuestros seminarios
Subscribe to our
For info about our activites: courses, seminairs, expos and more.